Home ➥ About TOIN ➥ TOIN Milestones
- TOIN Corporation founded in Tokyo, Japan, March 1963.
- Launched a technical document service for the overseas operations of export companies.
- Began a recruitment service for specialist documentation staff.
- Divided recruitment business from TOIN to establish Specialist Service, Inc.
- Began research and development of language processes for applications in machine translation at the request of a manufacturer.
- Joined the machine translation project of Kyoto University, Japan.
- Began developing a knowledge database for natural language processes.
- Established an office in New York, New York.
- Started product liability consulting services.
Affiliated with the U.S. company Dashe & Thomson.
- Established TOIN America Corporation, an overseas subsidiary, in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Entered the localization business for overseas software companies expanding into Japan.
- Started support services for acquiring ISO9000.
- Fully expanded into multimedia design and production.
- Finished building our in-house network and expanded our business to the Internet.
- Established strategic partnerships with companies in China, Taiwan and South Korea.
- Established ISP-TOIN, an amalgamated company, in San Jose, California.
- Established a sales office in the Netherlands.
- Received the "Excellence in Localization Award" from Microsoft Corporation.
- Started a localization service for mobile content.
- Strengthened our content service.
- Expanded into new markets, including the automotive, financial and medical, to complement our traditional strength in computer software localization.
- Set the goal of becoming the best localization company in Asia.
- Established a production base in Shanghai, China, to increase our competitiveness.
- Amalgamated with TOIN Human Frontier to expand and strengthen our organizational capabilities.
- Further strengthened our multilingual solutions business.
- Established TOIN USA in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as a base for overseeing our North America activities.
- Added a representative office in London, U.K., to support our European customers.
- Established the International Operations Division to strengthen customer services in North America and Europe.
- Acquired Pacific Dreams, Inc., to strengthen customer services in North America
- Received "Outstanding Service Award" from SAP AG for consistent delivery of services during Japan's March 2011 earthquake crisis.
- Celebrating our 50th Anniversary
- Established TOIN USA in Dallas, Texas.
- Moved into new Tokyo headquarters